Your privacy is very important to Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel.
To help protect your privacy, we adhere to the following guidelines.
- The Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel website will explicitly ask when they need information that personally identifies you or allows them to contact you (“Personal Information”). Generally this information is requested when making reservations, joining the IHG® Rewards loyalty program, registering for a site, when requesting a particular service, or when entering a sweepstakes or contest. When possible, the Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel website will provide you with the means to make sure that your Personal Information is correct and current. The Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel website and its service providers use your Personal Information to operate the site, provide services, and to inform you of new features, services, and products.
- The Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel website may also carefully select other companies to send you information about their products or services but are not necessary to its operation (a “Secondary Use”). If the Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel website intends to use Personal Information for a Secondary Use, Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel will provide you with the ability to decline this service.
- The Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel website may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or with legal process served on InterContinental Hotels Group or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel or this site, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel, the site, or the public.
- If at any time you believe that Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel has not adhered to these principles, please notify Crowne Plaza Albany – The Desmond Hotel by email at email@example.com and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
OUR CORE BELIEFS REGARDING USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- User privacy and data protection are human rights.
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data.
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary.
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
SITE VISITATION TRACKING
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address, which could be used to personally identify you, but Google does not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section below).
In addition to Google Analytics, this website may collect information (held in the public domain) attributed to the IP address of the computer or device that is being used to access it.
CONTACT FORMS AND EMAIL LINKS
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section below. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by SSL meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
EMAIL MARKETING NEWSLETTER
If you choose to join our email marketing list, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to mailchimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider mailchimp to be a third party data processor (see section below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within mailchimp’s database for as long as we continue to use mailchimp’s services for email marketing, or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any emails that we send you, or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section above.
- ESSENTIAL COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES These are vital for the running of our services on our websites and apps. Without the use of these cookies parts of our websites would not function. For example, session cookies allows a navigation experience that is consistent and optimal to user’s network speed and choice of device.
- ANALYTICS COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES These collect information about your use of our website, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages. They also help identify any difficulties you have accessing our services, so we can fix any problems. Additionally these cookies allow us to see overall patterns of usage at an aggregated level.
- TRACKING, ADVERTISING COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES We use these types of technologies to provide advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. This can be done by delivering online adverts based your previous web browsing activity. Cookies are placed on your browser which will remember the websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites who use the same advertising networks.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.